Stargull the Interstellar Seagull

Behold! This is the tale of Stargull, the interstellar seagull. A seagull with no hesitation. A seagull with no frustration. How could a seagull possibly be interstellar? Humanity has not even developed that sort of technology yet! Well, boys and girls, I tell you that you can surely believe me. I am a eyewitness. I'll tell you, years ago, Stargull took me on a trip. It's what I shall recount today. You see, Stargull was an ordinary seagull, cawing and flying about, looking for food near the beach. One day, he looked up in the sky and something like a piece of bread appeared, hanging there, suspended in the air, as if by God Himself. And so, hungry as he was, Stargull flew straight at it. He flew and he flew until he had no more to flew. Not even paying attention to the thinning air around him or the darkening air around him, he flew and he flew until he had no more to flew. Seemed as much as he flew, he never neared the piece of bread in the sky. But he was hungry! And so, he flew and he flew until he had no more to flew. As seagulls do, their minds are always on their bellies and so he forged forward, seeing that ever distant bread crumb, licking his lips and smacking his chops. At a point, Stargull turned about, seeing nothing but stars! One day, Stargull and I were on the beach and near the pier when he says, "I feel like a piece of bread! How about you?" I thought to myself, who wouldn't like a piece of bread! But I couldn't see one so I thought Stargull was speaking rhetorically. When all of a sudden, his eyes shoot to the skies, he grabs me by the craw and zip-zang-zoop, we fly up to the stars! I've got to admit, I was a little frightened at first. How would I breathe? Would we be able to find out way back? When you're with Stargull, you needn't be overcome with anxiety. Everything always works out swimmingly. And so, there we were, in utter darkness, surrounding by the twinkling light of many stars all around us. I asked Stargull, "where are we going?" 

He replied, "Wherever the breadcrumb leads us!"

Until, before long, we settled down headlong, upon a strange world. In the sky, there were three suns. The trees were golden and the sky was pink and the soil was yellow. There was a river there, which led all the way to a castle. This castle was made of glass and rose up into the pink skies like a knife. We followed the breadcrumb all the way to the castle. At which point, the breadcrumb materialized and dropped on the castle floor. Myself and Stargull were so hungry that we darted toward the breadcrumb and gobbled it up with a smack. A bite each and it was smithereens! We didn't even notice that surrounding us, were the strangest, most delightful little creatures in the universe. As our eyes refocused, our tummies now full, we witnessed these little, furry, happy creatures all dancing and jumping and purring. Their ears rose high from their heads and their eyes big and pearly, they danced and jumped about to a beat, which only they heard. "Well, hello!" I said. As Stargull tilted his head. The moment I said it, the creatures panicked and fled. We looked around, in the corner, a chest, by the wall, a sofa, by the door, a bed. A mirror over the bed. We approached the chest and fiddled with it's clasp until it popped open. Within was a book. From the corner of my eye, I could see creatures peeking out from behind a pillar. Two or three, looking at us curiously. We examined the book. It had the letters "Bible" written up on it. We knew not what it meant. At that moment, one of the creatures appeared behind us. He said, "Can you read it?" 

Stargull said, "no, we can't." And for some reason, I started to cry. 

The creature said, "Stay here with us. Well teach you to read. And so you can share the Bible message with all of the little creatures of your world." And so, that's just what we did. We stayed there for months as the little furry creatures taught us to read and shared with us Bible truths. It blew our mind, it set our hearts alight, afire with delight. Until one day, I saw Stargull peer up inquisitively into the sky. Yes! Yes! He saw a breadcrumb again! It looked like a meat pie. The creatures bid us farewell. They patted us on the back and shook our wings with tact. Until, one of the creatures handed to me, a copy of the Bible. I smiled at him. He smiled at me. And all of a sudden, Stargull was rising, rising, rising. Flying. Flying. Flying. We flew and we flew until we could flew no more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Division:

Excerpts from Fables of Good Will:

An erratically friendly Squirrel